The dataset of ground truth measurement synchronizing with Envisat ASAR was obtained in the arid region hydrological experimental area on Sep. 19, 2007 during the pre-observation period. One scene of Envisat ASAR image was captured on Sep. 19.
The data were in AP mode and VV/VH polarization combinations, and the overpass time was approximately at 11:29 BJT. Those provide reliable ground data for remote sensing retrieval and validation of soil moisture from Envisat ASAR image.
Observation items included:
(1) soil moisture measured by the cutting ring method in Linze reed land, Zhangye farmland, Zhangye gobi, Linze maize land, Linze alfalfa land, Zhangye weather station, and Linze wetland.
(2) GPS measured by GARMIN GPS 76
(3) vegetation measurements including the vegetation height, the green weight, the dry weight, the sampling method, and descriptions on the land type, uniformity and dry and wet conditions
(4) atmospheric parameters at Daman Water Management office measured by CE318 (produced by CIMEL in France). The total optical depth, aerosol optical depth, Rayleigh scattering coefficient, column water vapor in 936 nm, particle size spectrum and phase function were then retrieved from these observations. The optical depth in 1020nm, 936nm, 870nm, 670nm and 440nm were all acquired by CE318. Those data include the raw data in .k7 and can be opened by ASTPWin. ReadMetext files (.txt) is attached for detail. Processed data (after retrieval of the raw data) archived as Excel files are on optical depth, rayleigh scattering, aerosol optical depth, the horizontal visibility, the near surface air temperature, the solar azimuth, zenith, solar distance correlation factors, and air column mass number.
(5) roughness measured by the roughness plate together with the digital camera. The coordinates of the sample would be got with the help of ArcView; and after geometric correction, surface height standard deviation (cm) and correlation length (cm) could be acquired based on the formula listed on pages 234-236, Microwave Remote Sensing (Vol. II).
The roughness data were initialized by the sample name, which was followed by the serial number, the name of the file, standard deviation and correlation length. Each text files (.txt) file is matched with one sample photo and standard deviation and correlation length represent the roughness. In addition, the length of 101 radius is also included for further checking.
Che, T., Li, X., Bai, Y., Ding, S., Gao, S., Han, X., Hao, X., Li, H., Li, Z., Liang, J., Pan, X., Qin, C., Ran, Y., Wang, X., Wu, Y., Yan, Q., Zhang, L., Fang, L., Li, H., Liu, Q., Wen, J., Ma, H., Yan, Y., Yuan, X. (2013). < b>WATER: Dataset of ground truth measurement synchronizing with Envisat ASAR in the arid region hydrological experimental area during the pre-observation period on Sep. 19, 2007</b>2013. doi: 10.3972/water973.0192.db. (Download the reference： RIS | Bibtex )
Using this data, the data citation is required to be referenced and the related literatures are suggested to be cited.
1.Ma, M.G. (2011). Quality control and evaluation for the ground observation data of the watershed allied telemetry experimental research. Remote Sensing Technology and Application, 25(6), 766-771. (View Details )
2.Wu Lizong, Qu Yonghua, Wang Liangxu, Sun Qingsong, Hu Xiaoli, Li Xin, Wang Jindi, Li Hongxing, et al. Data Management and Its Sharing Application of Watershed Allied Telemetry Experimental Research. Remote Sensing Technology and Application, 2010, 25(6): 772-781. (View Details )
3.Wang Liangxu, Wang Shuguo, Ran Youhua. (2014), Data Sharing and Data Set Application of Watershed Allied Telemetry Experimental Research. IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, 11(11), 2020-2024. doi:10.1109/LGRS.2014.2319301 (View Details )
4.Li Xin, Li Xiaowen, LiZengyuan.et al.Progresses on the Watershed Allied Telemetry Experimental Research(WATER)[J].Remote Sensing Technology and Application,2012,27(5):637-649. (View Details )
5.Ma Mingguo, Liu Qiang, Pei Guangjian, Chen Erxue, Xiao Qing, Su Peixi, Hu Zeyong, Li Xin, Niu Wei, Wang Weizhen, Qian Jinbo, Song Yi, Ding Songshuang, Xin Xiaozhou, Ren Huazhong, Huang Chunlin, Jin Rui, Che Tao, Chu Rongzhong. Simultaneous Remote Sensing and (Ground-based Experiment in the Heihe River Basin:Experiment of Forest Hydrology and Arid Region Hydrology in the Middle Reaches. Advances in Earth Science, 2009, 24(7): 681-695. (View Details )
6.Li, X., Ma, M.G., Wang, J., Liu, Q., Che, T.,Hu, Z.Y., et al. (2008). Simultaneous remote sensing and ground-based experiment in the heihe river basin: scientific objectives and experiment design. Advances in Earth Science, 23(9), 897-914. (View Details )
7.LiXin,Lin Qiang. Liu Qinhuo,et al. The Progresses on the Watershed Allied Telemetry Experimental Research (WATER):Remote Sensing of Key Hydrological and Ecological Parameters［J].Remote Sensing Technology and Application,2012.27（5)650-662. (View Details )
8.Li, X., Li, X.W., Roth K, Menenti M, Wagner W. (2011). Preface 'Observing and modeling the catchment scale water cycle'. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 15(2), 597-601. doi:10.5194/hess-15-597-2011. (View Details )
9.Ma, M.G., Liu, Q., Y, G.J., Chen, E.X., Xiao, Q.,Su, P.X.,Hu, Z.Y., Li, X., et al. (2009). The cold regions hydrological remote sensing and ground-based synchronous observation experiment in the upper reaches of heihe river. Journal of Glaciology & Geocryology, 31(2), 189-197. (View Details )
10.Huang, G.H., Ma, M.G., Tan, J.L., Zhang, Z.H. (2010). Data quality control and products of automatic weather stations for watershed allied telemetry experimental research. Remote Sensing Technology and Application, 25(6), 814-820. (View Details )
11.Li, X., Li, X.W., Li, Z.Y. (2010). Watershed allied telemetry experimental research (water) datasets are available for open access. Remote Sensing Technology and Application, 25(6), 761-765. (View Details )
12.Sun, Q.S., Qu, Y.H., Wang, J.D., Dong, J. (2010). The implementation of the opendap based remote sensing data distribution system. Remote Sensing Technology and Application, 25(6), 782-787. (View Details )
13.Li, X., Li, X.W., Li, Z.Y., Ma, M.G., Wang, J., Xiao, Q., Liu, Q., Che, T., Chen, E.X., Yan, G.J., Hu, Z.Y., Zhang, L.X., Chu, R.Z., Su, P.X., Liu, Q.H., Liu, S.M., Wang, J.D., Niu, Z., Chen, Y., Jin, R., Wang, W.Z., Ran, Y.H., Xin, X.Z., Ren, H.Z. (2009). Watershed Allied Telemetry Experimental Research. Journal of Geophysical Research, 114(D22103), doi:10.1029/2008JD011590. (View Details )
To respect the intellectual property rights, protect the rights of data authors, expand services of the data center, and evaluate the application potential of data, data users should clearly indicate the source of the data and the author of the data in the research results generated by using the data (including published papers, articles, data products, and unpublished research reports, data products and other results). For re-posting (second or multiple releases) data, the author must also indicate the source of the original data.
The CAS (Chinese Academy of Sciences) Action Plan for West Development Project
National Program on Key Basic Research Project (973 Program
Sign In to add comments
Resource Provider： CHE Tao LI Xin BAI Yunjie DING Songchuang GAO Song HAN Xujun HAO Xiaohua 晋锐 LI Hongyi LI Zhe LIANG Ji PAN Xiaoduo QIN Chun RAN Youhua WANG Xufeng WU Yueru YAN Qiaodi ZHANG Lingmei FANG Li LI Hua Liu Qiang Wen Jianguang MA Hongwei YAN Yeqing YUAN Xiaolong